Thursday, January 27, 2011

Food Goals for 2011

Each year I like to come up with some goals for the year. I try to make the goals fun and achievable.

This year, I have also come up with a list of basic foods I want to make which I have never made before. On the list this year:
  • Custard;
  • Poached eggs; (yep, you read that correctly, I have never poached an egg)
  • Hollandaise sauce;
  • Cheesecake
  • Fresh pasta;
  • Ice cream; (I have made this before, but not for a long time)
  • Shortbread; (I have made this a couple of times but am yet to emulate my maternal grandmother's FANTASTIC short and dense and crumbly shortbread)
  • Panna cotta;
  • Creme Brulee;
  • Doughnuts; (I made these in 2010 and had a ball, but they definitely need some work)
  • Macarons
I am also soon to be the proud owner of a Fowler's Vacola fruit preserver, so preserving fruit is another foodie goal for 2011.

My dodgy looking, but delicious tasting doughnuts from 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment